Rules of Attendance
The format for this forum loosely follows the rules of Fight Club.
We have five essential rules and if they are not followed the individual will be asked to leave.
- No photos, filming, or recording at WooHa.
- What happens at WooHa stays at WooHa.
- You don’t have to use your real name.
- No talks longer than ten minutes.
- You must participate.
- First and foremost, recording speakers and talks in any way is strictly prohibited. Our presenters expect to be able to share material in a safe manner in a way that allows for constructive feedback and new ideas. Please respect the
presenters. If you are caught taking photos of slides or recording talks, you will be removed from the venue.
- Do not discuss the talks or conversations that happen at WooHa outside the meeting place. At all. This means don’t talk about presentations with your boss, journalists, or vendor representatives. Don’t do it.
- Some folks aren’t too keen on giving out their real names. To preserve a modicum of OPSEC, we don’t require anyone to use their real names here. If you want to use your real name, that’s fine. If you’d rather use an alias, handle, or pseudonym, go right ahead!
- Short talks is the name of the game here -- keep it under ten minutes. When the timer goes off, your talk is done. If you absolutely, 100% need to talk longer than that, let the organizers know at the beginning of the meeting so you can be put at the end of the speaker list.
- To remain a member in good standing, you are expected to participate in WooHa meetings. This means actually giving talks once in a while. If someone remembers you speaking at least once in the last six months, you’re good. Remember, we’re not here to make anyone feel nervous or anxious about giving talks. If you absolutely hate public speaking, this is the perfect opportunity for you. Think of it like Toastmasters, but with like-minded people who look forward to geeking out with you!